Friday, November 8, 2013

Textured Snowflake Nail Art

Hey there!  It's snowing here in Edmonton again but I'm trying to embrace the snow by doing what I'm sure will be the first of many snowflake looks this winter.  For this one I used two textured polishes from the OPI Bond Girls Liquid Sand collection, Solitaire and Tiffany Case.


Real snow.  Terrible lighting.

I never really jumped on the textured polish bandwagon, mostly because removing them seems like a daunting process.  But I knew I couldn't resist using Solitaire for snowy nails.  It's the perfect frosty white for winter.  However, because I wanted to stamp mostly white snowflakes, I used Tiffany Case which is blue (darker than aqua, bluer than teal) and would therefore actually show the white snowflakes.  Or at least I thought it would.  In reality the snowflakes actually got a bit lost in the silver glitter but I still like how it turned out.



For the stamping I used Konad White and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue.  The snowflakes images came from Bundle Monster's BM-319, BM-323, BM-H01 and Winstonia's W120.


And finally, because it did snow last night, I couldn't resist running outside and taking a couple pictures in the snow.  My apologies for the crappy pictures but it was about 10 pm and, since it's now getting dark here at 5 pm (yuck), it was pitch black outside with only one terrible (very yellow) light to take pictures under.  Needless to say the pictures are grainy and discoloured but still worth getting my hands cold for. 


Speaking of textured snow-y polish, if you haven't seen it yet check out The Polishaholic's review of China Glaze There's Snow One Like You.  I laughed out loud.  Hard.  Then I made both my sisters read it.  Sorry China Glaze but I think OPI's Solitaire has you beat for a good textured white polish.

'Til next time...



No comments: