Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Ornament Stamping

Hey there!  Today I'm showing you two awesome polishes with a little Christmas ornament stamping.    This is China Glaze Just Be-Claws and OPI Goldeneye with an image from Bundle Monster's BM-H03 plate.


Just Be-Claws is beautiful red foil-y polish from China Glaze's 2013 Holiday collection.  I love red and I LOVE foils so I knew I had to have this one.  I used two coats of it here.  Goldeneye is one of my all-time favourite polishes, a warm gold glass fleck foil.  It's not super opaque so I used three coats of it but wow, is it gorgeous!  


For the stamping I used BM-H03 and Essie Good as Gold .  I would have liked a warmer gold to stamp with but I didn't have one.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one?


The stamping looks simple enough eh?  But let me tell you this was one of the more challenging stamping experiences I've had.  I don't know if it was the plate or the polish but my images just refused to transfer properly no matter what stamper I used.  So please excuse any stamping mistakes you see.



Now I have a question for everyone, related to foil polishes.  Something about foil colors makes them bubble when I apply them (and wrinkle off my sister's nails).  For examples, I love Orly's Sweet Peacock but every time I've tried it, it becomes a bubble-fest.  And you should see when my sis tries to wear Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (another favourite of mine).  Does anyone else notice this?  If anyone has any thoughts on this problem I'd love to hear them.  

Have a great weekend!

'Til next time...






No comments: