Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Favorite Flower

Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  This week's Sunday Stamping theme is Favorite Flower.  I had to think awhile about what my favorite flower would be and I decided it would be the plumeria flower which I saw a lot of when I was in Hawaii years ago.  Sadly I couldn't find a stamp that really looked like plumeria so I went with another common Hawaiian flower, the hibiscus flower.  And, to be even more indecisive, I did this maniure 2.5 times...



I'll show these two manicures in the order that I did them.  For the first one, I started with a new brand to me, Rainbow Honey.  I used 3 coats of Tidal Wave, an awesome turquoise glitter that really does look like the tropical ocean...hopefully not like an actual tidal wave.



I created stamping decals using MoYou London's Pro -10 XL hibiscus flower image using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet (orange) and Lightening (yellow).



I really liked the above result but then I saw a plumeria hair clip I had bought in Hawaii and decided I wanted to try something white/purple.  I had also just received my order containing Cult Nails Morning Glory.  I had read that it worked for stamping and wanted to test it out.  So for this one I started with 2 coats of CND Vinylux Cream Puff and stamped the same image with Morning Glory (it does work great for stamping!).  I also included some smaller hibiscus flowers from MoYou London's Kitty -02 plate on my index and pinky fingers.



And finally, I wanted to see Morning Glory's waxy finish on it's own so I removed the polish on my index and pinky fingers and put on 2 coats of Morning Glory (no top coat).  You can see it stamps quite a bit lighter than it applies.  I love the finish on it.  Please excuse the crazy dry skin.  I guess I forgot to moisturize before I took the photos.  



Now you can see how I've spent my last two days.  I think my couch has a permanent indent from where I've been sitting painting my nails.  

Which look do you like the best.  I still can't decide!

'Til next time...











No comments: