Monday, July 7, 2014

Lightning Nail Art & Picture Polish Electric Blue

Hey there!  I hope everybody had a great weekend (a great long weekend for those of you in the USA).  I mostly just chilled at home.  We got hit with one heck of a thunderstorm on Friday night...lightning, thunder, hail, sheets of rain...the whole shebang.  I know a lot of people love thunderstorms.  I'm not exactly one of those people.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're super neat and interesting but I get scared to death!  I'm honestly like a scared puppy.  It's quite embarrassing.  But, on the plus side, the crazy thunderstorms we get were the inspiration for this lightning nail art.



For the base I used two coats of Picture Polish Electric Blue, a super pigmented almost-metallic navy blue with a bit of shimmer.  


I added just a bit of extra blue shimmer with an unnamed Sally Girl polish in certain areas.  Then I painted on some simple lightning bolts with a Stripe Rite white striper polish.



That's all for today.  Easy peasy!

'Til next time...







No comments: