Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Over a Yellow Base

Hey there!  I have to start this post by wishing my little sis a very very happy birthday!  Happy birthday Kiddo!  Now onto the nails.  This week's Sunday Stamping challenge theme is "over a yellow base".  I'm not particularly drawn to yellows but this one gave me a good excuse to use my new bottle of Lime Crime's Crema de Limon that I just bought from Harlow & Co. and my new MoYou Tropical plate.  Win win!



I started with 2 coats of Lime Crime Crema de Limon, a pastel (but bright) yellow.  I found this to be a lot brighter than most of the swatches I've seen.  The bottle logo has recently changed so maybe the colour has changed a bit too.  But don't quote me on that!


For the stamping, I used MoYou Tropical -02 and Mundo de Unas green (8) and geranium (55).  The pink is actually A LOT brighter in real life but my camera refuses to pick up anything even remotely neon.  


The last thing I did to jazz it up a little was to add some rhinestones (from Born Pretty Store, I believe).


This isn't the best stamping I've ever done but I can't resist these Sunday stamping challenge posts.  I hope you like it!

'Til next time...







No comments: