Tuesday, September 23, 2014

31DC2014 Day 23 - Inspired by a movie

Hey there!  For my 31DC2014 movie inspiration, I thought of my 4 year old niece's favourite movie and did some Frozen nail art.  I even ran it by her to ask her if she knew what it was before I decided if I was going to post this.  But when I asked she immediately said "Olaf!" so I figured I was good to go...



These started with a saran wrap base over Rica Whiteout.  I mentioned that it's my new favourite white, right?  I used saran wrap and added Salon Perfect Baby Blue, Orly Skinny Dip and China Glaze Towel Boy Toy and Frosbite.  I might have gone a little overboard with the blues.  That many probably wasn't necessary.  Then I topped it all off with a coat of Models Own Indian Ocean to add the pink/blue shimmer.  I think the shimmer is my favourite part of this.


I freehanded Olaf and the snowflakes using acrylic paint.  It took every ounce of willpower I had to not reach for my stamping plates for the snowflakes.  The snowflake plates I have are so much nicer than what I could do by hand!  But I resisted the urge and ended up with something vaguely resembling snowflakes.




I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.  Even if I couldn't actually get Olaf onto my dominant hand so I ended up with another snowflake on my right hand...

'Til next time...



No comments: