Wednesday, September 3, 2014

31DC2014 Day 3 - Yellow Sunflower Nail Art

Hey there!  Day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge!  Today's prompt is "yellow nails" and I went way out of my comfort zone and tried to freehand some sunflowers.  It's not the most seasonally-appropriate nail art but that's okay, right?  It's getting chilly here and I guess I needed something that reminded me of sunshine.



The base for these isn't yellow at all.  It's two coats of Zoya Rebel.  I don't think I had used this one yet even though I've had it for ages.  Isn't that a pretty shimmer?


For the petals of the flowers I used OPI The "It" Color (the darker yellow in the background) and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.


For the centers and a bit of detail I used Revlon Dominate.  I also dotted on a bit of OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh in the centers.


Even though I'm not a big yellow fan, I'm still proud of these.  But I'm missing my stamping plates...

'Til next time...



No comments: