Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mani Swap with Colors Frenzy

Hey there!  I'm so excited for today's post.  Novi from Colors Frenzy asked me if I wanted to do a mani swap and I jumped on the chance.  She has amazing nail art and swatches so I've followed her blog religiously for ages so I was very honoured that she asked me.  I decided to try to recreate her Dotted Hearts mani from earlier this year.



Since I refuse to give up my summer colours I went a bit more neon with mine than Novi did.  I started with two coats of Rica Whiteout as my base.  For the hearts I added dots of polishes from probably my favourite collection ever, China Glaze's 2013 Sunsational collection.  I used Neon and On and On (pink), Sun of a Peach (peach), Highlight of My Summer (green), Too Yacht To Handle (turquoise) and That's Shore Bright (purple).  Novi's hearts looked far more heart-shaped than mine do but I failed when I tried to cut tape into a heart shape so I just had to eyeball it.  


The glitter topper I used on my other nails is Polish Me Silly's Clowning Around.  I love this glitter because it's just slightly transparent which makes it look more delicate in my opinion.  I used two coats of Whiteout.  


I hope I did Novi's fantastic original justice with my attempt.  Now it's time to head over to Colors Frenzy post to see her recreation of my birdie nail art.  It's too cute!  And if you don't follow her on Facebook and Instagram, you should.  You won't regret it.


'Til next time...


No comments: