Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Winter Memories

Hey there!  Holy, what a day!  The reason I'm so late with today's Sunday stamping challenge post is that I was out ALL day and I'm never organized enough to pre-write posts.  I went to brunch for a friend's birthday, then to a live CBC Radio program then a birthday dinner with an old friend's family.  It was great so see so many friends but I am beat!  Luckily I did get my Sunday stamping mani done yesterday.  This week's theme was "winter memories from my childhood" and well, to put it simply, I'm Canadian so almost all my winter memories involve snow.  Lots and lots of snow.  And I've been itching to do a jelly stampwich so I took this opportunity to do a snowflake sandwich.



The jelly polish I used for this was 10.1 Polish Blueberry Blues.  And all the different snowflake images came from a plate I bought from Born Pretty Store, QA58.  I also used a glitter topper in the mix, OPI Pirouette My Whistle.  Essentially to do this it went: polish - stamp - polish - stamp - polish - glitter - stamp - polish - top coat.  It's a lot of layers but Blueberry Blues dries pretty quickly so it didn't take too long.  



I added a little snowman decal from Winstonia W120 that I made with Mundo de Unas white and acrylic paint.  I have made plenty of snowmen in my time but honestly the snow in Alberta isn't great for snowmen.  To those of you who aren't well-versed in snow-speak, our snow tends to be really dry (yes, dry snow) so it doesn't stick together.  Snowballs are also very difficult so really we just throw snow at each other!



I love how the jelly sandwich technique works with stamping.  I have a feeling I'm going to be playing with my jellies more often in the near future.

'Til next time...





No comments: