Friday, January 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fairy Tales: Day 5 The Everyday Fairy Tale (and the extras)

Hey there!  It's the final day of my first week with The Digit-al Dozen and it's been so much fun seeing how all the ladies have interpreted the fairy tale theme.  For my final mani of the week I thought I'd represent the fairy tale that many people get to live, even if they don't see it that way :-P  As a single girl, I do still dream of one day meeting my Prince Charming and living happily ever after.  Even though these aren't based on what we think of as a fairy tale, I think these are my favourite ones of mine this week.  What do you think?



The base color I picked is OPI Italian Love Affair.  I don't really wear pink very often so this was an untried for me but I really like the subtle shimmer it has.  This is two coats of it.


I wanted to have some hearts in the background so I picked an image from Dashica Infinity-88 stamped with Mundo de Unas Lilac (#16).


For the next layer of stamping I used Mundo de Unas Black for all of them, some of which are decals with Mundo de Unas white and F.U.N. Lacquer 24 Karat Diamond (appropriate name eh?).  On my pointer, ring and pinky, the images are from the Winstonia Wedding Bliss plate.  The image on my middle finger is from MoYou London Scholar -02.  My favourite part of these is the holographic glitter in 24 Karat Diamond that I used in the diamonds and around the "I DO".  



I have a few extra fairy tale mani that didn't make the cut but I thought I'd post them here anyways.  Feel free to give me your thoughts on them as well.

The first one was inspired by this photo.  I freehanded Tinkerbell and used China Glaze Electrify as the glitter but let's be honest, it looks like she's farting glitter.  Good idea...POOR execution!


The second one was based on The Three Brothers, a fairy tale within Harry Potter that I just heard about last weekend.  I liked how my background turned out but that's about it.  And I wasn't sure it would be recognizable at all.  But Jacki of Adventures In Acetone did a great rendition of it here.


And finally, the last one that I'll show was meant to be Princess and The Pea.  I freehanded what I thought of as mattress patterns and used a green stud as a pea.  I thought it was cute but I liked the ones I picked more.


There were actually two more mani's I did that I completely deleted.  So I did a total of 10 looks for this theme.  I'm hoping to bring that number down for next month!

So how'd I do for my first DD week?  Check out the final fairy tales from the other girls below.  Thank you again to The Digit-al Dozen member who have taken me in as one of their own.  This is so much fun!

'Til next time...





No comments: