Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stained Glass Flowers with ILNP Flakies

Hey there!  This week's Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Challenge theme that I decided to go with was "non-glitter topper" (the other was was fishbraid and, as it turns out, those are IMPOSSIBLE for me). I don't have many non-glitter toppers but I do have a few of the new ILNP Ultra Chrome Flakies and flakes aren't glitter!  Phew!  I actually had this idea in my head for awhile and, while it was kinda of a pain in the butt to make stamping decals with the flakies, I think it turned out pretty good!  I couldn't decide if I liked it more glossy or matte so I'm showing them both today.



For these I started with a black base and then applied the decals I made using MoYou London Kaleidoscope-06 and Mundo de Unas Black.  I used ILNP Cold Fusion (blue, flower petals), Electric Carnival (pink/green, outer segments around the petals) and Brilliance (gold/green, flower centers and very outside of image) to fill the image.  Because flakies aren't super opaque I had to put these on pretty thick to not let all the black show through.  After applying the decals I finished with HK Girl for this glossy look.



Then, because we all love matte flakies, I used OPI's matte top coat to mattify them.  




The problem is that this plate is one of the XL MoYou images which are too big for my nails (I've since ordered the smaller version even though they're right on the cusp of being too small for me since I don't have my usual tiny ultimate-frisbee nails this winter).  Because it's a big image, I had so much trimming and cleaning up to do after making the decals.  But it was worth it, don't you think?  :-P

'Til next time...









No comments: