Thursday, May 7, 2015

30 Minute Stamping Mani

Hey there!  Last week one of the stamping groups I'm in on Facebook had a challenge to do a stamping mani in 30 minutes (both hands, including clean up).  This kind of challenge was right up my alley since I'm super short on time lately.  I ended up really liking how this fast stamping turned out so I thought I'd share it on the blog with you guys to show how fast stamping can be.



The speed of these was mostly thanks to HK Girl's awesome drying time and using hair glue from Sally's around my nail to speed up clean up.  Maybe it's the dry climate I live in but I don't even have to wait for the hair glue to dry.  By the time I do all my fingers on one hand I can stamp.


The base color is 2 coats of Orly Rage, an awesome fleck-y rose gold.  I used HK Girl to make it dry enough to stamp in lightning speed.  Then I stamped a couple of images from UberChic Beauty UC 1-02 with Mundo de Unas Black.  Then I leadlighted the butterfly with Esmaltes da Kelly Pink Soap Bubbles.  I finished with another coat of HK Girl, clean up quick and was good to go.  


The only casualty in my stamping was one of the butterfly's antennae.  That's what happens when you barely look at your stamper before you put it on the nail.  I missed a few spots with the pink but it definitely wasn't noticeable from a distance.  I didn't even notice until I looked at the photos.  


I thought it'd be fine to really time myself so I started my phone as soon as I picked up Rage and stopped it as soon as I was done clean up.  Here was my final time.


What's the fastest mani you've ever done?  I could definitely use more fast ideas these days!

'Til next time...

No comments: