Monday, July 27, 2015

Taped Gradient over Glitter

Hey there!  I'm home from the lake (until the weekend at least) and it is nice to be back online.  I'm all for being disconnected for awhile but a week without TV or decent internet service had me going into withdrawal!  Today's post is this week's instalment of the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Challenge.  This one combined two things that I generally don't love...green and tape mani's.  Green doesn't generally cooperate with my skin and I'm impatient so taping and me aren't best buds (though we're slowly becoming closer).  I chose to do a gradient over a greenish glitter and didn't end up completely hating these so that's a win.



The base I used is FUN Lacquer's Mistletoe Kiss, a green-toned holographic glitter.  I've mentioned how much I adore FUN Lacquer's holo glitters about a billion times...this one is no exception.  They do take a few coats to be opaque though, specifically I used 3 coats.  


Then I used 3 pieces of old school striping tape (as opposed to skinny nail vinyls which I like a lot better) and did a gradient with KBShimmer For Sail By Owner, Zoya Tilda and OPI Christmas Gone Plaid.  I suppose it's appropriate that these look sort of Christmas-y since I did use two polishes from holiday collections.  


Lastly I added green studs from Born Pretty Store and finished them with HK Girl top coat.  


'Til next time...



No comments: