Monday, October 26, 2015

HPB Presents Textured Halloween Stamping

Hey there!  Every month the Hobby Polish Bloggers (an amazing group of folks who love nail polish enough to blog about it) come together to have a link up and, not surprisingly, this month we're doing Halloween.  Halloween is one of my favourite holidays when it comes to nail art because you can do so much with it.  For today's Halloween nail art I decided to stamp over some striped textured polish just because stamping over textures is always fun though I rarely have the patience to do it.  What can I say?  I'm addicted to quick dry top coat!  



For these I started with 3 coats of Zoya Solange (a yellow textured) and then freehanded the orange stripes with Zoya Beatrix.  At first I tried to get perfect stripes using vinyls but turns out vinyls don't play nice with textured polish.  So I learned something new...and wasted a lot of time waiting for these to dry enough that I was confident the vinyls wouldn't pull up my base.  So when they wouldn't stick I wasn't a happy camper.  



After the stripes were dry, I used Mundo de Unas Black and this skull image that I absolutely adore from Loja BBF-24 for the stamping.  I didn't top coat these because I wanted to keep the textured look.  In the end I really liked these so it was worth the time I spent waiting for them to dry.  


Here's a macro of the end result.  They almost look fuzzy eh?


You can check out a whole lot more Halloween nails in the links below.  I've read a few of the blog posts already and they're fantastic!  

'Til next time...









No comments: