Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired by Pinterest/Magazines - Day 4 Blingy Nails

Hey there!  For the fourth day of The Digit-al Dozen's Pinterest/magazine week, I have another mani inspired by Nail It! magazine.  This one had a full tutorial that I tried to follow.  It didn't turn out exactly like the original but it definitely ended up shiny.  I should really start using more bling (like the Bling Queen, Vic from Glowstars) because have super sparkly nails is really fun.  I've recently started buying the Swarovski crystals that I used in this mani and they really are so much prettier than the general nail rhinestones you can buy so I think you should expect more bling on my blog soon!




Here's my cell phone photo of the Nail It tutorial that I used for these.  This was in the March/April 2015 issue.  It was originally published as Betsey Johnson wedding bliss nails.  Well I'm not getting married and haven't gone to any weddings in awhile but I thought this was a great weekend mani when I wore it.  

image source

To do these I started with 2 coats of Zoya Trixie and then sponged on Orly Rage and Zoya Ziv (to add a bit of gold).  Then I used a bit of holographic nail foil and tried to add it in the same area as the sponging but not much of it transferred.  I must not have used enough glue.  


For the bling I used a few pearls from Born Pretty Store and some of the Crystal AB Swarovski flatbacks that I just purchased from Artbeads.com.  I didn't shop around too much for them but the price seemed reasonable to me and the shipping to Canada was inexpensive.  If you know a better place to buy them though, I'd love to hear it!
.

I feel like these don't look super awesome but close up you can see the different colors and the bit of foil better.  Therefore...here's a macro shot!  


Well that's all for today!  I hope you liked this look that's a bit out of my comfort zone.  Feel free to check out what the other girls have brought us today for day 4 of Pinterest/magazine week!

'Til next time...



No comments: