Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does New & Improved - Day 4 Outlined Lace Nails

Hey there!  Today's New & Improved mani isn't the most original but it is a new style for me.  I love doing lace stamping and I've done it a lot but I've never tried an outlined nail before, mostly because the idea of trying to freehand black that close to my skin made me cringe a little.  It didn't end up being too bad so today's post is a simple one.



To do these I used one coat of Esmaltes da Kelly Black Soap Bubbles that I then stamped a swirly image that reminded me of lace without actually being a lace image from UberChic Beauty Love & Marriage-01 (previously reviewed here).  For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas Black.  


I then used UberChic Beauty's Liner brush and A England Camelot to paint around the edges of my nails.  


And finally, I mattified the whole look with Essie Matte About You.  This bottle is almost brand new and it's already giving me white flecks...time to buy a new bottle of OPI's matte top coat.  It never gave me white spots!  


Thanks for stopping by today!  Tomorrow I'll have a combination of my final new technique of the week and this week's 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt.  In the meantime the other DD girls have been so inspiring with their posts this week.  There's so many more techniques I want to do now!  You can see what they're up to today in the posts below.

'Til next time...



No comments: