Monday, February 8, 2016

UberChic Beauty Collection 7 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have the pleasure of presenting you with UberChic Beauty's 7th collection of nail stamping plates.  I've proudly been reviewing Brittany's plates since she first started at the end of 2014 and I have never once been disappointed with UberChic Beauty's plates and Collection 7 is no exception.  As usual, the quality of these plates and the designs that she has thought of are second to none.  There's a reason why her plates are always the first ones I go for when I'm doing a new stamping mani.


Since I'm including all three plates from this collection in today's post, I'll start with a general description of the plates from Collection 7.  Each plate measures 9.5 x 14.5 cm with the full nail images measuring 17 x 21 mm.  The thing I love about UberChic's collections is the variety of design themes.  This collection has an amazing mixture - hearts and flowers, geometric, lovely swirls and many, many more.  

Plate 7-01

My first mani was done with 7-01 and was actually supposed to be yesterday's Sunday Stamping mani with the theme of stripes and dots.  Unfortunately my weekend was crazy busy so I didn't get to do many blog-related fun things.  As soon as I saw the stripes and dots prompt I knew I'd have the perfect excuse to use the negative space polka dots on 7-01.  I get so excited when UberChic includes negative space images!  It's a good thing I liked this mani because I ended up wearing it all weekend! For the base I used two coats of Essie Fiji that I then double stamped with the zebra-esque stripes (with Mundo de Unas Holland Blue, trying to incorporate this year's Pantone colors) and the negative space dots (with Mundo de Unas Black).  



Plate 7-02

I did two mani's with 7-02, which couldn't be more different.  For the first one I used the full nail flower design (upper right area of the plate).  I knew I wanted a full nail accent but partial for the other nails so I removed part of the image with tape while it was on my stamper.  I made decals on the Uber Mat using Picture Polish Mellow Yellow, Totes and Watermelon.  I applied the decals over Picture Polish Swagger for a cheerful look.



My second 7-02 mani is the one that is currently on my hands.  UberChic frequently includes little inspirational phrases in her designs and this one is my favourite yet - Choose Wisely...advice I certainly need sometimes.  I stamped this image with Mundo de Unas white with a clear stamper (not from UC though she announced that she is carrying them now) over some gradient stamping of Light and Dark Grey over Orly Liquid Vinyl.  Sadly my lines stamped all wonky (always a concern for me when stamping straight lines) and I was ready for bed last night so I didn't have it in me to redo them.  



Plate 7-03

I love that UberChic has included an image especially for us fans (or UberChic Geeks, as we're known on Facebook) so I just had to test it out.  I also included the "Chic Just Got Real" image since it made me laugh out loud as soon as I saw it.  I used Mundo de Unas over Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink, matt'ed with Essie Matte About You.  



I also included this message from Plate 7-01 since this was a straight up glitter mani.


And lastly, I have another sparkly mani (proof that sparkle might really be my favourite color).  For this one I again stamped with 7-03 and Mundo de Unas White but this one is over Pretty Serious BSOD.  I ran into problems getting this image off the stamper for some reason, no matter what stamper I tried.  I can't imagine that's an issue with the plate though since the image picked up beautifully.  Maybe I just had no stamping mojo last week when I wore these.  



Currently Collection 7 is sold out BUT it is expected back this Friday (February 12, 2016) so if you're interested in this collection (and I think you should be) please check back here later.  And feel free to stop by my blog again later this week because I might just have more UberChic Beauty plates coming up...

Price: $24.99/set of 3 plates
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...


No comments: