Friday, April 1, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Violet

Hey there!  This week's 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt is violet, which I taught me yesterday that I don't actually know what color violet is.  I had thought violet was anything between red and blue on the color spectrum but, according to a discussion in the group, it turns out that violet is more of a neon purple.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to do a new mani after learning of my mistake so, instead of violet roses (as roses was my personal prompt), today I have purple roses.  At least I hope they look like roses since I freehanded them!



When I did these I guess I was feeling adventurous and wanted to see if there was a one-stroke rose tutorial out there.  Lucky for me, the amazing Tartofraises has this perfect video, which I could follow despite not speaking french.  Obviously I don't have her skills and it wasn't as easy as she makes it look but I still like how these turned out.  


For the base, I decided to use a textured polish.  This was the first textured polish to ever enter my life.  It may have been one of the first textured polishes ever, come to think of it.  This is three coats of OPI's Can't Let Go, one of the original Liquid Sand polishes.  


The roses were done with acrylic paint and a small angled brush.  Since I wanted to keep the textured look I skipped the top coat on this one.  


There you have my non-violet violet roses.  I'm curious to see how the other ladies view violet.  I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it just means purple! 

'Til next time...



No comments: