Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Contrary Polish Spring It On Collection and Color4Nails Exclusives

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have some swatches of Contrary Polish's spring collection, Spring It On and two shades exclusively available at Color4Nails.  Contrary Polish is an American 5-free and cruelty-free indie brand.  Before this I had a few Contrary Polishes in my stash and I really feel this brand doesn't get enough attention, especially after trying these latest releases.  The formula and application are great, as are the colors.  The Spring It On collection is a refreshing collection of five dusky cremes and one fine holo topper and the Color4Nails exclusives are couple of fun glitter/shimmer cremes.  Keep reading to see individual swatches of each color.


Color4Nails Exclusives



Pink crelly with copper and scattered holographic shimmer/red micro glitter

3 coats with HK Girl top coat





Purple crelly with silver and scattered holographic shimmer/microglitter 

3 coats HK Girl top coat




Spring It On Collection

I'll start by saying I fell in love with this Spring It On Collection.  I've been thinking for awhile that I need some more dusty colors in my stash and this collection was the perfect answer.  The colors are bright and fresh but still dusky.  The notes on this collection said they're meant to go together as a skittle so that's what I did at the end when swatching the topper.  I wore it like this and got a lot of compliments.  The formula is smooth but I did find it was easy to overload my brush and flood my nail so be a tad careful with these.  For each of these I used two coats and top coat (though they did dry shiny on their own).  I'll show these in with the most similar colors following each other but for a more direct comparison, the collage at the top of this post might help.  

Sprout 

Greyed mint creme



Shower 

Greyed aqua creme


Breeze 

Greyed periwinkle creme

Fresh  

Greyed lavender creme


Bloom  

Greyed lilac creme


Dewy 

Silver holo topper

Shown as two coats over two coats of Fresh, Breeze, Shower and Sprout (Bloom was on my thumb and didn't make it into the photos).  


Since it is a holo topper, here's a photo in direct light.


And a macro...


$12.50/Color4Nails Exclusives
$11.50/Spring It On polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...



No comments: