Monday, June 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Rainbows - Rainbows for Orlando

Hey there!  Following the horrific news out of Orlando yesterday, it seems very fitting that this month's Digit-al Dozen theme is Rainbows.  I honestly don't have the words to express how heartbroken I am over the tragedy.  I generally try to keep most of my political or social views off my blog but I will state wholeheartedly that every person is equal.  This attack has really shaken me, maybe because it made me think of my friends in the LGBTQ community.  I already had all my manis for this week done and ready to go but when I got home from the cabin last night and heard the news, I wanted to do a new design to honour all those affected by this senseless act of violence.  My heart goes out to them.  I know that what I'm wearing on my nails doesn't make one iota of difference but it's my way to be reminded when I look down at my hands today.




The heart holding hands stamp is from Born Pretty BP-26 and the hearts are from Vivid Lacquer VL009.  This is actually my second time using this stamp in the last week.  I guess I've just been feeling full of love these days.  


The polishes I used are mostly ILNP's Holiday 2015 Ultra Metallics.  They are Cherry Luxe (red), Limelight (green), Time In A Bottle (blue) and XO (purple).  ILNP doesn't have a yellow so instead I used KBShimmer Citrine from the Birthstone collection.  Neither collection has an orange as far as I could tell so orange got left out of the rainbow today.  


Since I like to have my DD designs done way ahead of time, I had already done a design with these same polishes but I decided these ones were more important.  So be on the lookout for more sparkly rainbows with these either later in the week or next week.  


For lots more rainbows, check out the rest of the DD ladies in the links below.  I think it's going to be a great week full of rainbow love.

'Til next time...


No comments: