Friday, October 28, 2016

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Halloween In The Wrong Colors

Hey there!  It's time for the second instalment of 26 Great Nail Art Ideas.  I'm still getting used to this every second week thing but I think I like it.  It's much less demanding than the weekly prompt.  For this theme, we're doing Halloween in the wrong colors.  It's really hard to think of a color that isn't Halloween-related - it pretty much eliminated black, orange, green, purple and red to me.  So I went with pink and paired it with a plate I've been wanting to use for a long time.  I love the idea of having the different phases of the moon as a mani.  I hope pairing it with a bat makes it Halloween-y enough.



My pink base is a gradient of Picture Polish Candy, Watermelon and Flirt.  So much pink!  I covered a lot of it but, trust me, that was the pinkest gradient I've ever done.  


The moons and the bats are both from Vivid Lacquer VL013.  The trees are from Bundle Monster BM-S306.  I'm ignoring the fact that it makes no sense that this bat is flying in front of four different moons.  Sometimes I have to suspend my scientific brain.  


The final step was making it matte.  I used Essie Matte About You.  I've been using it a lot lately so I'm impressed it's still not giving me little white spots.  


Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm planning on doing another Halloween mani tonight so I'll probably have that up in the next couple of days.  For some reason I haven't done a lot yet which is lame since Halloween is such a fun holiday.  But if you're wanting to see some more Halloween nails now, you can check out the other wrong color posts in the links below.

'Til next time...



No comments: