Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Vampy - Vampy Hearts

Hey there!  Today's post is a simple nail art look that I absolutely obsessed over forever.  If I googled "vampy" online or on Instagram, I kept seeing this image and knew I wanted to put that on my nails.  And I tried...twice, but neither look at good as that lip look.  Then I tried to do a reverse image search to find the original creator of the look and found this amazing lip artist.  I didn't even know lip art was a thing and it seems to have a lot in common with nail art.  Like I said yesterday, I'm just becoming brave enough to wear light glitter on my lips so I doubt I'll be rocking galaxy lips anytime soon but some of her looks sure are cool!  Unfortunately I can't find the original photo on her IG page so I can't link to the original photo (lesson: always credit the original artist when you repost something so the rest of us can discover awesome new people to follow).



The lip art has a super vampy color so I started out with one too - Cupcake Polish Blood Hound.  I knew I was going to matte it so I made sure to take a photo in direct light first to show off all its holographic glory.  Definitely vampy, right?


The lip photo has some simple silver heart studs.  I don't own any so I made do with vinyls.  After matte-ing Blood Hound with Essie Matte About You and waiting for that to dry, I used just one line of hearts from these Snail Vinyls and Essie No Place Like Chrome to end up with some shiny silver hearts.  Not near as cool as the lip art but I liked them.  



I mentioned I tried this look twice.  For my first one I started with a gradient since I had just grabbed a couple dark Essence colors (Amazed By You and Black is Back), added silver glitter hearts and matted it.  Unfortunately my cuticles and dark gradients hate each other so this ended up way messier than I wanted so I tried again. 


With my newfound lip art love, do you guys know of any other makeup artists I should follow?  And if anyone knows of the original post for my inspiration photo, I'd definitely love to include that here. 

Now let's check out what the rest of the group has brought us today in the links below.

'Til next time...








No comments: