Friday, November 25, 2016

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Winter Warmth

Hey there!  Hope everyone is having fun (while still being financially responsible) this Black Friday.  I stayed up late to hit the midnight sales last night and then got up at 5 am this morning to buy way more than I had planned.  What can I say - some of these brands don't restock or go on sale very often!  But I don't feel too bad since I haven't bought nearly as much polish lately as I used to.  I guess that's what happens when your collection gets to a certain size.  It seems like I have the basics and then some.  But I did buy enough UberSwatchers to finish swatching my Mundo collection which sounds like a decent winter holiday project to me.  Enough about Black Friday...today we have the last 26 Great Nail Art Ideas post of November.  This week our prompt was Winter Warmth and I knew right away that I wanted to use the mittens from the UberChic Christmas 02 plate.  Keep reading for the details of my logic behind this design.



I always love negative space images, mostly because then you can have sparkly images.  But for my Winter Warmth mani, I wanted to start with KBShimmer A Walk In The Park-a...it's such a cozy color with a cozy name.  So no glitter today.  


My mittens absolutely had to be of the knit variety.  My Nana used to make almost all the mittens I wore, including a pair of black ones which I still have.  She cursed those and now I know why.  Yarn crafts with black yarn are no fun!  To try to give my mittens a knitted look, I used an image from Vivid Lacquer VL-025 and Mundo de Unas Violet.  It didn't really translate but here's a macro so you can get the idea.  


And finally I used UberChic Beauty Christmas 02 (previously reviewed here) for the mittens using Mundo de Unas Black.  And then I finished with HK Girl top coat. 



Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Swing by the rest of the 26GNAI crew for their Winter Warmth designs down below.

'Til next time...









No comments: