Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen redoes Art - Jackson Pollock

Hey there!  Holy I'm late today!  Actually I guess it's Saturday already...that's how late I am!  Apparently I was so sad about the end of another Digit-al Dozen week that I couldn't finish this post.  That's a joke but, honestly, this has been one of my favourite themes even though I started out straight up scared of it.  So much so that I voiced my concern about not knowing how I was going to manage it to the other ladies.  The genius Amanda of Lady Maid Nails gave me some easy suggestions, including doing Jackson Pollock, an artist who is known for his splatter-style art.  Well that seemed easy enough so I risked the mess and tried it out.  Thanks Amanda!



The first part of this was finding a Pollock piece that I wanted to do.  It seemed that most of his art is very neutral/earth-toned.  That didn't seem quite right for spring so I found this one called Reflection of the Big Dipper.  It has some bright colors so I liked it best.


My base was a slightly greyish white called Silver Lake from Color Club.  I thought it fit with the original art quite well.  


For the splatter I used Essie Jelly Apple, Color Club Almost Famous, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue and Sun Kissed, Pure Ice Superstar! and Essence Amazed by You and Black is Back.


Lastly, as with most of the rest of the week, I finished with a matte top coat.  


I guess that's it for March's Digit-al Dozen theme.  Next month will be another fun one.  I should get started on my manis for it soon!  But for now, you can check out everyone else's final Art designs in the links below.  

'Til next time...




No comments: