Tuesday, May 23, 2017

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves Collection

Press  Sample

Hey there!  How's everyone doing today?  I'm back from a beautiful long weekend spent at the cabin so I'm happy as can be.  Unfortunately my 6 year old niece has officially learned that I can't seem to say no if she asks me to play frisbee with her (gotta start the next generation of ultimate players young) and I now have a hand of entirely broken nails.  So looks like I'll be headed to Indie Expo in Toronto with at least one hand of shortie nails.  However, I did get to swatch these awesome new KBShimmer neon last week, before the breaks.  KBShimmer always makes my favourite cremes so I was stoked to try these from Color4Nails.  Neons can sometimes have finicky formulas but these were creamy and opaque - no need for undies here!  I had so much fun swatching them that I even did a couple nail art looks too.  Hope you like them as much as I do.

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves Collection Summer 2017

Since neons are notoriously difficult to get color accurate photographs of, I employed the only trick I have - take photos outside in the shade.  It makes my skin look a bit funny in photos but I was surprised at how color and brightness accurate these photos turned out.  By the time I got to the nail art it was nighttime so those photos are taken in my light box (with 5K bulbs) so the color in them is close but not quite perfect.  These neons didn't dry flat by any means but they were slightly less than shiny so all my swatches are shown with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.  



"neon red with pink undertones"
2 coats plus top coat

KBShimmer Color Me Rad

Superb application
Shows slightly more orange on the nail than in the bottle - just a tiny bit.  Bottle looks more pink.



"blazing orange"
3 coats plus top coat

KBShimmer Please Don't Glow Girl

Creamy application
Brighter in real life than in photos



"electric lemonade yellow"
3 coats plus top coat

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves

Most sheer of the collection. 
Neon yellow without being highlighter yellow.  Highlighters tend to lean green to my eye and this is pure yellow.  



"neon green creme"
2 coats plus top coat

KBShimmer Race Against Slime

Creamy, easy application
I want to call this a neon grass green.  



"vibrant sky blue"
1 coat plus top coat

KBShimmer Double Pog Dare You

Only one coat!  It looked perfectly covered in real life but can see some patches on camera.
Formula was nice and creamy.
Be sure to wear base coat.  I didn't have staining but I only had it on for an hour and could see the color linger for a second upon removal.  I have worn it again since swatching it and, with base coat, I didn't have any staining.  


"red toned electric violet purple"
3 coats plus top coat

KBShimmer Let's Be Frank

Formula is a tiny bit sheer but certainly not enough to justify undies.  I find, after yellows, purples tend to be the most sheer color.  I have noooooo idea why that might be.  


Dry Brush

Neon Dry Brush Nails

I wanted to do some neon nail art so I enlisted the help of my friend across the pond and he send me a bucket load of ideas, including some cool looking butterflies that I used as inspiration for this dry brush mani.  I used a base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and did a few swipes of all the colors in the collection before stamping with Messy Mansion MM42.

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves Nail Art

Water Marble

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves Water Marble

I wanted to see if they'd water marble and they did.  The first couple nails were easy, the last couple were a bit more difficult so, while they weren't effortless, they did work.  

Neon Water Marble Nails

I stamped the water marble with an image from UberChic Beauty 12-02 to finish off.  Actually while I had them out I did another mani for one of my later challenges but you'll have to wait to see those.  

KBShimmer All The Bright Moves Water Marble

I highly recommend picking up this collection, especially if you love neons like I do.  If I had to pick just one, I'd go with Color Me Rad - it has a unique color and great formula.  And it's a color that will make an awesome manicure or pedicure, year round.  

$9.25/polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...


No comments: