Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Whats Up Nails Fairy Powder and Holographic Flakies

Press  Sample

Hey there!  As I was scrolling through Instagram last night before bed I saw that Whats Up Nails currently has a sale on their flakies and powders with the code HOT25.  Since I've found their flakies and powders to be of very high quality compared to the less expensive counterparts from overseas, I thought I should write up review of the last couple I've been able to try - the Fairy Powder and the Holographic Flakies.  If you'd like to get these products at their sale price, you have to act quick.  The sale ends tonight so really you only have about 12 hours to get the sale price.  But honestly, they're worth it at full price too.  I'm a big fan!

Whats Up Nails Fairy Powder

Whats Up Nails Holographic Flakies


$21.75 USD
1 gram


I've previously reviewed the Sunset and Paradise powders so I've said plenty about how great they work and their amazing shifts.  Today I have the Fairy powder to add to the collection.  It has a mainly pink hue that shifts to green and gold.  Under water I could even see blue at the edges.  I paired the powder with these Stiletto stencils:

$3.75 USD
20 stencils (12 x 24 mm)


I used a black base for this mani (Madam Glam Perfect Black) and Bio Seaweed Gel No Wipe top coat.  I then applied the stiletto stencils.  Whats Up Nails really does take pride in their stencils.  Not only are they easy to separate but these stilettos even have a little slit to accommodate for the nail curve.  Pretty thoughtful eh?

Whats Up Nails Fairy Powder

After the stencils were on, I rubbed a bit of the Fairy Powder on using a eyeshadow applicator sponge, removed the stencil and added top coat.  My top coat seems to have transferred some of the powder onto the black areas.  Next time I'll be sure to dry brush off the excess powder before top coating.  

Whats Up Nails Stiletto Stencils


$29.75 USD
0.6 grams


The holographic flakies are an opaque flakie (as opposed to the iridescent color shifting flakies that they also sell).  The flakies are a variety of sizes so it's easy to get a nice effect.  They are a bit messy so its easiest to use a latex barrier (or something similar) to aid with clean up.  

Whats Up Nails Holographic Flakies

I used Picture Polish Blue and Atomic as my base colors.  Over some tacky top coat I used the flakies in a glitter gradient over Blue or as full coverage over Atomic.  Check out the rainbows when you look at it in direct light:

Whats Up Nails Holographic Flakies

If you're interested in these products or any other Whats Up Nails flakies or powders (and seriously, I can't recommend them enough) use the code HOT25 until 11:59 pm PST tonight to save 25%.  More products can be found in their links below.


Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: