Monday, May 1, 2017

Whats Up Nails Paradise Powder and Water Marble Stamping Plate

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I hope everybody had a great weekend.  Did anybody go to Polish Con?  I saw some photos and it looked amazing!  Personally, I was at home watching my niece's dance competition which was pretty darn adorable.  And, of course, I managed to fit some nail stuff in as well.  The items I'm sharing today were used a few weeks ago and looking at the pics is making me want magical shifting nails again!  I was sent the Paradise powder from Whats Up Nails to review, as well as the B002 Water Marble To Perfection stamping plate.  Well, the product names are absolutely fitting.  The powder really did create paradise on my nails and the plate is perfect for anyone that wants a water marble look without all the mess.  Keep reading to hear even more of my thoughts...



$21.75
1 gram


I already knew that Whats Up Nails Magic Shifting Powder really is magical thanks to my experience with the Sunset powder (reviewed here) but I think this Paradise powder is even shiftier (and therefore more magical).  It comes as a loose powder in a small jar.  The jar isn't full but, with this powder, a little goes a LONG way.  I applied it with a cosmetic applicator over a black gel base and no wipe top coat.  It shifts from a bright teal to purple-pink.  These Magic Shifting powders make for some seriously distracting nails so hide your nails while you're driving!  



$7.75

This is a stamping plate designed for those of us who don't/can't/won't water marble but want the cool result.  It's also the first Whats Up Nails stamping plate that I've tried and I'm very pleased with it.  It measures 6 x 12 cm and the images all measure 15 x 21 mm, plenty large for the average person.  


I've yet to find a multichrome polish that marbles so I thought this would be a great way to get a cheat version of a multi hrome water marble. I stamped the Paradise mani with Mundo de Unas Black and topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.   



For my second water marble stamped mani, I wanted to try with a thinner stamping polish to see if the etching was deep enough and it definitely was.  For these I stamped Sephora by OPI Opening Night (the dark blue) with the holographic stamping polish from Hit The Bottle, Holululu Blue.  The second picture is in direct light - isn't it rainbow-y?!



I really am just thrilled with all the Whats Up Nails I've tried so far.  The powders are so shifty (I dare say more shifty than most multi chrome polishes I've tried) and the stamping plates have really high quality etching.  If you're interested in these, or any other Whats Up Nails products, they can be found on the website linked below.


Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: