Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Paper - Trees!

Hey there!  Since this week the Digit-al Dozen is doing all things paper-related, I figured I better do something to show where we actually get paper...from trees!  I even googled what type of trees are used to make paper and the internet's first answer is softwood, such a spruce, pine, fir, etc.  Those are all evergreen trees and I just so happened to have an awesome evergreen image on one of my Lina Nail Art Supplies plates so that's what I used to honour our lovely trees.



My base color is Cirque Colors Central Park After Dark.  For someone who doesn't like greens, I sure do use this polish a lot.  I bought it thinking my sister would like it but it turns out I'm the one who likes it!


Over that, I used the Lina Nail Art Supplies Four Seasons - Winter 01 stamping plate.  Proof that it doesn't have to be a season-specific plate!  I stamped the spots (that I assume are supposed to be snow) with Mundo de Unas Caramel and Chocolate to represent dirt.  And the trees were double stamped with Black and Military Green.  Then I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.  



So hooray for trees!  Not only do they give us paper but they (more importantly) give us oxygen.  So be sure to recycle your paper to reduce the number of trees that we have to cut down.  How very preachy of me, eh?  Sorry but I really like trees!  I bet the rest of my DD friends won't tell you what to do over on their blogs.  You can find all those in the links below :-)

Til next time...


No comments: