Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - October 2017

Hey there!  I hope everyone's weekend is going swell.  Mine has been mighty busy (for an introvert like me) so I'm going to enjoy some couch and swatching time today.  But first, and way more importantly, The Digit-al Dozen is celebrating our only October baby, Amber from Nails Like Lace for this month's birthday mani.  Every month, the birthday girl(s) pick an image for us to be inspired by and Amber chose a fun (but strange) cat.  Check out the original inspiration after the jump.



As promised here's the original inspiration.  An oddly coloured cat drawing with some neat markings.  

original source


For mine, I used a single coat of Moonflower Polish Rojo for my base color.  See why I use them so often for nail art...ONE coat!


Then I sponged on a different stamping (but safe for regular use) polish, Rica Robin's Egg Blue.  The markings and face were all quickly done with black acrylic paint.  When I say quick, I mean it.  Other than trying to make sure the eyes actually looked like eyes, the rest of this mani was so fast!  I wish all freehanding was this forgiving!  


Then all that was left to do was add more Rojo to the markings.  And finish with KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.  Easy peasy!  


Amber, I hope you had a great birthday month!  And I hope it's a wonderful year for you!  

'Til next time...


No comments: