Thursday, October 5, 2017

Whats Up Nails A012 and B023 Halloween Stamping Plates

Press  Sample

Hey there!  'Tis the season so I have more Halloween stamping plates on my little blog today.  These ones are two from Whats Up Nails, A012 and B023.  A012 is a buffet-style plate PLUS a whole bunch of individual images that can be mixed and matched into almost infinite Halloween designs (well, maybe not infinite...I haven't done the math but it would be A LOT).  B023 is much more of a traditional looking stamping plate with 12 full nail images.  They both worked perfectly for me, including those skinny spiderwebs.  That's impressive!


$7.75 USD
6 x 12 cm plate



This might be my favourite Halloween mani I've done this year.  Doesn't double stamping make everything look just a bit better to you?  This was Messy Mansion Chalk and Carbon over a gradient of Zoya Blu, OPI Super Trip-i-cali-i-fiji-istic, I Saw…U Saw…We Saw…Warsaw (honestly, two of the worst polish names to type out in history).  I sponged a bit of black up by the cuticles and topped with KBShimmer Oh Matte.  



Sparkly, spider-y goodness.  This is Tonic Polish Slitherin' stamped with Moyra Silver foil stamping polish and silver foil and Messy Mansion Carbon.  Spiders don't slither (like the polish name) but I still think this green makes an excellent Halloween base.  


$7.75 USD
6 x 12 cm plate (15 x 21 mm images)



For these I used a traditional Halloween gradient (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White, Lightening and Pumpkin Queen) and stamped the scary pumpkins with Messy Mansion Carbon.  This is one of the best jack o'lantern images I've seen, at least in my opinion.  I love how they overlap a bit.  



Here's my second mummy-mani in two days.  For these I used Cirque Colors Don't Forget The Cannoli with Mundo de Unas Black topped with matte top coat.  Then I filled in the eyes with Esmaltes da Kelly Red Soap Bubbles and added a glossy top coat just to the eyes.  For the other nails, I didn't want the eyes so I stamped the top and bottom parts of the image separately.  The lines are irregular enough (to mimic mummy wrapping) that you can't even tell, right?!  


Don't forget that Whats Up Nails has a special Halloween section currently up on its website for your one-stop shopping.  It's like one of those giant pop-up Halloween stores but for nails!

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: