Thursday, November 2, 2017

Lina Nail Art Supplies Totally Negative and Twirls & Swirls Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Now that Halloween is officially over for 2017, I can share some non-holiday stamping (without secretly feeling like I'm betraying all the Halloween addicts out there).  Today I have a couple of the GORGEOUS new plates from Lina Nail Art Supplies, Totally Negative 01 and Twirls & Swirls 01.  They're both really lovely (and work flawlessly, as I've come to expect from Lina Nail Art Supplies) but I have to admit that I was absolutely drooling over Totally Negative from the second I saw previews of it.  I adore negative space stamping so to have an entire plate of images for it is practically a dream come true!  My collage below has a couple manis I did with each of the plates but there's an extra one if you follow the jump.  I already couldn't resist doing more with the Totally Negative plate!


$14.99 USD
9.5 x 14 cm stamping plate



For my first Totally Negative mani, I used the sunflowers over Cirque Colors 24K Affair.  I double stamped with Mundo de Unas Bones and Moyra Dark Brown.  It's so lovely and fall-like.  It's snowing like crazy here right now but I can still wear fall on my nails, right?



I was immediately drawn to both the negative space swirls and the flowers on this plate.  They were the first images I knew I had to use.  I randomly painted on a bunch of the KBShimmer Summer Vacation polishes and stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  Apparently I can also wear summer on my nails, even though it's fully winter-like, haha!  



And for my bonus mani (ie. the one I didn't put in the collage, I used Lacquistry Rediculous and double stamped with black and Essie No Place Like Chrome.  Anyone who likes music needs this plate just for this image...okay, don't actually buy a plate for just one image but I'm sure there'll be others you like on here too.  


$14.99 USD
9.5 x 14 cm stamping plate



The Twirls & Swirls plate has a lot of heavier style swirls that give a really sophisticated, ornate look.  She's design a lot of them to work as layering images which is really nice, which is what I started with.  I used FUN Lacquer Daydreamer over Zoya Robyn as the base and stamped the layering images with Mundo de Unas Black and Bones.  I love how this one turned out!  



Some of those images on the bottom half of the plate could make great accents or french tips so that's how I did these.  I used OPI Barre My Soul and Messy Mansion Chalk.  But I added another coat of Barre My Soul after stamping to make it less stark.  And then I added rhinestones because I think these deserved to be extra girly.  


As I said the last week with the Spooklicious plates, unfortunately these plates are currently sold out on Lina Nail Art Supplies website but they do appear to be in stock at many of the stockists carrying the brand.  The list of stockists can be found here.  Also, according to a recent social media post, these plates should be back in stock next week, if you can wait a bit longer.

$14.99 USD each
Available from Lina Nail Art Supplies

'Til next time...


No comments: