Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - November 2017

Hey there!  Today's post feels a bit odd since I'm pretty much saying happy birthday to me.  Every month The Digit-al Dozen members have the option of posting a birthday mani for the ladies who had birthdays that month and November happens to be my birthday month, along with Marisa of Polish Those Nails.  I even picked the photo we're using for inspiration this year!  I was itching to do a drip marble so I chose a photo that would work for that but could also work with water marbles or stamping.  At least that was my intention.  Keep reading to see how I did.



Here's the photo I chose for inspiration.  I just googled "marble images" and found one with colors that I wanted to use.  Isn't it pretty?  

image source
To try to accomplish this image, I did a drip marble with a whole lots of greens and blues.   In case you haven't seen it, here's the first drip marble tutorial I watched.  In reality, I'm not nearly as focused on when I do.  I just blob the polishes pretty randomly on a cottage cheese container lids and tip back and forth to spread it as much as possible. 


The polishes I used are: Pure Ice Superstar!, Essie Mint Candy Apple and Udon Know Me, Madam Glam Souvenirs, Saved By The Bell and Junior High, Revlon Full House and Kokie Cosmetics Cruise On and Dark Room.



After they dried, I cut them up and applied them over Madam Glam Saved By The Bell and topped with HK Girl top coat.  


I guess that's it!  Belated happy birthday to Marisa and early happy birthday to me (I was born on the last day of the month so I'm one of the few who get their birthday post before their actual birthday).  Fingers crossed for a good year for both of us :-)

'Til next time...








No comments: