Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does My Home - Inspired by a poster

Hey there!  For my second Digit-al Dozen mani inspired by my home, I picked another item that I've had for ages.  It's a poster with the "“Dance as though no one is watching you.  Sing as though no one can hear you.  Love as though you have never been hurt before.  Live as though heaven is on earth.” quote, with a different coloured flower for each part.  I've sort of outgrown the poster but I still like the quote so I keep it up.  Plus it fits perfectly on that chunk of wall so it gets to stay...



I used a black base of Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and then added layered flowers from Clear Jelly Stamper CJS-26 and lettering from CJS-07.  "LOVE" and "LIVE" were on the plate from "DANCE" and "SING" had to be pieced together, hence they're a bit messy.  



Since the flowers are a layered image, each of them took a few polishes.  I think my stamping polish needed a shake since they weren't really showing up over black so I did the first layer in white then in color.  I used Painted Polish Stamped in Mustard then MDU Yellow, MDU Orange then Sunflower, Mundo de Unas Orchid then White and Mundo de Unas Brick then Bikini.  Then the centres were stamped with  Painted Polish Stamped in Chocolate.  All that was topped with OPI matte top coat.  


Is there anything in your place you've kept far too long?  In reality, I don't put much thought into decorating so plenty of the stuff that came with me when I moved in, is still around.  Maybe one day I'll be interested in decor but in the meantime I'll just keep decorating my fingernails instead, haha!  

'Til next time...


No comments: