Monday, December 11, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does My Home - Inspired by my curtains

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen month...and this time we have a new member.  Michelle from Lacquer Or Leave Her is an amazing nail artist so I'm excited that she agreed to join our little group, just in time for our "My Home" theme.  This prompt could be interpreted a few ways.  I personally just looked around my living space and picked up some inspiration.  My first mani is based on some curtains my mom made for me when I moved into my first place.  I was afraid everything would end up too neutral coloured and I didn't want to live in beige-land so she made me some bright blue curtains with rainbow stripes.  Turns out I've always like rainbow-y things and stripes!  I still love them to this day.  Keep reading to see the curtains in question.



Here is my mani with my amazing curtains.  Seriously, don't I have the best mom ever?  She made my bedroom curtains too.  She used "blackout" fabric on those which I like so much that I don't think I can ever make a drastic bedroom color change since I don't want to give up those curtains!



I always rave about loving KBShimmer's cremes for nail art so I tried to use all KBShimmer for this mani.  Unfortunately she hasn't made an orange or green I could've used for this yet so I had to make a couple of small substitutions.  The list of polishes I ended up using is:
KBShimmer Eyes White Open base
KBShimmer Low and Be Bold
KBShimmer Chick Me Out
KBShimmer Chilly Pepper
KBShimmer Soul Deep
Sally Hansen Pumpkin Queen
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover


I started with Eyes White Open and then used vinyls to block off the sections to paint blue (Low and Be Bold).


I tried using skinny straight nail vinyls to paint the stripes but I got way too impatient and just ended up freehanding over some of the white lines.  It took awhile but I love how it turned out, even if my lines aren't perfect.


There we have my first "home" mani.  Do you have anything in our house that inspires any nail art?  You can see how the rest of the ladies were inspired in the links below.  

'Til next time...


No comments: