Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Whats Up Nails Winter & Christmas Nail Stencils

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I realize I'm cutting it a bit close to Christmas to be posting nail art items available for the holiday season but these were too good not to share.  And there's even some general "winter" items in here which could be used for months yet (at least here in Edmonton).  Since I first tried Whats Up Nails stencils, I really haven't looked back.  The amount of "stick" to them is perfect for me and they're cut in such a way that I usually don't have to pick the little pieces out (there are exceptions which I'll discuss but they're rare).  So I was really excited when I got an envelope with a pile of Christmas and winter stencils...and a little concerned that I wouldn't have time to use them all.  I've been having a lot of fun playing with them and I finally get to show you a bunch of the stencil nail art I've been wearing over the last few weeks, right up until last night.  Prepare to be holiday'ed out!  


Holly Stencils
Candy Canes Stencils



Items  used: Sally Hansen White
Sally Hansen Rapid Red
Sally Hansen I-Rush Luck
HK Girl top coat




Items used: Madam Glam Perfect Black
elite99 No Wipe Top Coat
Born Pretty Store powder 41019-1
Born Pretty Store powder 41019-3
Born Pretty Store powder 41019-5




Items used: FUN Lacquer Starry Night of Summer
L'Oreal Greycian Goddess
Serum No 5 Dayglow, Blue Blazes, Glowin’ of Eden, Laven-daringly Bright, Atomic Peach and an unknown pink.
Note: these stencils could be used in a positive or negative space way.  I opted to use the outlines so I could make glow in the dark Christmas nail lights.  I wore them to my work holiday party last week but didn't get to show off the glow :-(




Items used: Smokey Mountain Lacquers Sparkling Snow
Powder Perfect Robin Hood
Pretty Polish Stamped In Chocolate 
unknown red and black for dots
OPI matte top coat




Items used: Delush Polish Ruthless Warrior
Delush Polish Dragon Dust
Delush Polish Double Glam-my
HK Girl top coat
Note: using stencils with a jelly polish isn't the best idea.  The details of the forest stencils get pretty lost but the ribbon tree is still clear.  




Items used: Whats Up Nails Mermaid Flakies
Ethereal Lacquer Mint Madness
Zoya Pepper
KBShimmer Clearly On Top
Note: again, you could use these as positive or negative space.  And I didn't mean for them to look like blood.  I had grand plans of a brick wall that just didn't work out...




Items used: Cirque Colours Garnet 
Cirque Colors Don't Forget The Cannoli 
HK Girl top coat
Note: These stencils are completely unique to me.  You just mix and match the designs you want with 84 strips on one sheet of stencils.  For some, I left a little gap between the strips to have white stripes between the different components.  They were fun but some of the inside bits were hard to remove, possibly because they're so small.  




Items used: Girly Bits Greyzed and Confused
Girly Bits Hit And Mist
OPI matte top coat
note: when pulling up the stitches stencils, pull from the pointy end.  That makes them separate perfectly.  




Items used: Zoya Estelle
Hit The Bottle Copper Haired Girl 
Glisten & Glow matte top coat




Items used: Zoya Dovima
A England Perceval
HK Girl top coat
Note: these stencils come with 5 sizes of 4 different designs so they should fit almost everyone.  And they separated amazingly.  I thought these would give some issue but they were flawless.  




Items used: KBShimmer Hugs and Wishes
KBShimmer Pansy-Monium
KBShimmer Let's Fang Out
KBShimmer Eclipse
KBShimmer Pearls Gone Wild
KBShimmer Clearly On Top


How was that for a collection of winter and holiday nail art?  Thanks for making it until the end!  I truly do recommend Whats Up Nails stencils, without hesitation.  There was only one sheet that gave me any sort of issues separating so they were almost all a joy to use.  If you're still in the market for more seasonal nail art items, Whats Up Nails has put them all in one helpful category which you can find here.

$3.75 USD each
Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: