Monday, January 8, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does All That Glitters - Glitter with Nail Vinyls

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's a new Digit-al Dozen month.  And today we officially welcome a bunch of new members.  Michelle from Lacquer or Leave Her started her DD time last month and this month Tiffany from Polish and Paws, Kim from Kimett Kolor, Oksana from The Polished Koi, Brethil from Druid Nails, Courtney from Polished Lifting and Kirsty from Fairytale Nails join us for our "All The Glitters" theme so I hope you can give them some love.  It's even Brethil's 40th birthday today so she deserves all the love you can shower on her!  I did this glitter-y mani over the holiday break with some Whats Up Nails Peppermint Candy stencils.  But I was tired of holiday nails so I went with a summer collection for something bright and fun!




The Peppermint Candy Stencils come as a sheet of 12 stencils measuring 22 x 28 mm.  And, since they're technically holiday stencils, they're on sale now for $3 USD to grab them while you can, for a reduced price.  As you can see, they're certainly not limited to Christmas and they separated easily AND peeled up easily off the nail (which I was nervous about since the important bits go in all different directions).

I started with 2 coats of KBShimmer Eclipse as the base, applied the stencils and then painted over the different sections with the bright and glittery Girly Bits Sequins and Satin Pants collection consisting of Jive Talkin’, Brick House, Hot Stuff, The Hustle, Le Freak, Stayin’ Alive, Funky Town and Sequins and Satin Pants.  I was impressed at how well the colors showed up over black. 


  
As I mentioned, they pulled up easily.  I thought I'd have to peel them off in the direction of the swirls but going from cuticle to tip seemed to work the best.  I had to go pretty quickly to fill them in before they dried and pulled up with the stencils.  I was a bit too slow on a couple parts so I had to go back in and fix them up.  I then topped them with 2 coats of HK Girl top coat and added a Swarovski crystal to the center.  A direct light photo is below you can can see even more of the sparkle.


To find these stencils (and more nail art products) visit Whats Up Nails store and social media in the links below.

Available at What's Up Nails

And when you're done shopping, you can cruise around the links below to see how all the new ladies of The Digit-al Dozen are starting they're DD time.  Plus you can find more of us veterans as well.  We deserve some love too, right?

'Til next time...



No comments: